Coleus – Solenostemon scutellarioides – ColorBlaze® Royale Pineapple Brandy™
This jazzy new Coleus for sun and shade features yellow to chartreuse luminescent foliage with accents of burgundy bronze, forming a very well-branched plant that works well in landscapes and containers. Like all ColorBlaze® Coleus, it is bred to take the heat and bloom very late in the season, if at all, extending its garden performance into the fall.
Adapatable as House Plant
Dead-Heading Not Necessary
Many people feel that coleus look best before they flower. We have worked hard to choose coleus that bloom late in the season or not at all. To keep foliage in top shape, pinch off the blooms as they appear if you wish.
Rules of Thumb for Overwintering Plants Indoors:
1. Choose only healthy plants
2. Bring Plants indoors before frost damages foliage
3. Treat for disease and insects before bringing plants indoors
4. Place in bright areas and add humidity using pebble trays or spray bottles
5. Be careful not to over water
6 When active growth starts in spring fertilize and prune as needed
7. Introduce your plants slowly to outdoor conditions in spring
An application of fertilizer or compost on garden beds and regular fertilization of plants in pots will help ensure the best possible performance.
Use in borders and containers.
Maintenance Category Easy
Water Category Average
Flower Form Border Plant, Container, Landscape, Mass Planting
Soil Fertility Average Soil