We’re always on the lookout for new people to join our team. We like hard workers, plant lovers, and friendly people who like to smile a lot. Take a look at these openings and click Apply if you think you’d be a good fit. Or stop by our Loudon, New Hampshire facility (7316 Pleasant Street) and fill out an application. We’d love to meet you!
We’re currently looking for an R&D Manager to join our team and work with us as we continue to achieve our goals. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for horticulture as well as the ability to generate new ideas that help us continue to grow! If you love plants and flowers as much as we do, then we want to hear from you!
The R&D Manager will provide leadership, direction and support to the R&D team. You’ll work with sales, marketing and operations to establish and implement company goals for continuous improvement in plant quality, superior genetics, new product categories and paths to new and existing markets.
Essential Responsibilities include:
- Manage a team of R&D professionals: implement departmental policies, establish weekly planning meetings, prioritize work flow, oversee the R&D budget and provide timely and accurate training.
- Generate ideas for new products and research feasibility in terms of profitability, resource availability and compliance with regulations.
- Manage the direction for new plant introduction, new plant identification and program development
- Lead the product development process through prototyping and pre-production phases, owning the transition from R&D to Marketing and Production.
- Maintain a continual working knowledge of Operation / Growers needs/wants and feedback
- Work in tandem with department manages to ensure successful business operations
- 10 or more years of horticultural or greenhouse experience including research and sales
- Bachelor’s degree in horticultural field; Master’s degree preferred
- 5 – 7 years of supervisory or management experience
- Knowledge of commercial greenhouse operations
- Ability to organize, prioritize and switch tasks quickly
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate your vision to team members and partners
- Strong attention to detail and accurate information management
If interested in this position, e-mail your resume or application to PaulineS@pwpvg.com or call 603-435-1719.